Firstly if you have not received a flu shot you can see one of our BMSG Health Express doctors with no appointment needed.
For many people it can be easily dealt with a visit to a doctor but sometimes influenza and its complications can be deadly. People at higher risk of developing flu complications include:
- People with chronic diseases which affect the lungs, such as asthma, bronchitis, COPD
- People who have chronic illnesses, such as diabetes heart disease, kidney disease and liver disease
- Young children under age 5, and especially those under 12 months
- Adults older than age 65
- Pregnant women and women up to two weeks postpartum
- People with weakened immune systems